Thursday, August 2, 2012

Friends who I can't ride with anymore

It is very overdue that I write this post.  The first is Joe Lookingbill who was one of the first mentors riding I ever had.  He would come and lead rides in his convertable Alpha Romeo.  Riding out of Littleton one day he showed me his chemo pump on his hip.  Can't tell you how much I miss him.  Norm was another one.  Very quiet but determined and rode the brevets including PBP.  Attended his funeral after his bout with Lou Gehrigs. Jim Peyton I met on my first Contrail.  Strong rider who could pull with the best.  Helena was his riding partner.  Our goverment called him to duty and asked him to give up his life for two tours.  Jim couldn't do a third.  Miss you Jim.

Miss you Tim.  Can't tell you how much.  You were so full of life.

Miss you Austin.  Thanks for riding with me on the tandem doing ERock.  The picture on my wall of you and me is one of my favorites.  Best fathers' day present ever.

Going to stop now that I am in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment